In honour of Valentine’s Day we decided to be cupid and pair up some our favourite single characters. We think we found their perfect matches, let us know what you think in the comments below!
1. Tortured Souls: Lisbeth from The Girl with Dragon Tattoo without doubt, has issues but so does Harry Hole, the main character from Jo Nesbo’s series. We think Harry and Lisbeth would enjoy solving crimes, brooding and giving each other space.
2. Young Love: Puppy love, it’s the cutest! We think Flavia, who we first met in The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and Encyclopedia Brown both love investigating everyone and every thing so they are sure to have fun and maybe get into a little trouble.
3. Undercover Lovers: Serena from Ian McEwan’s Sweet Tooth is swept up into a world of Cold War intrigue, who better for her to spend time with than the ever dashing 007. Discretion is the name of the game.
4. Lone Wolf Love: Both Jack Reacher and Vanessa Munroe know what it’s like being on the run and being by themselves. Reacher has had 16 books to perfect his act-first-and-ask-questions-later lifestyle and Munroe, now in her second book is perfecting the ability to right a wrong at any cost. Together they would be unstoppable and maybe a little volatile.
5. Cycling Couple: Zoe from Chris Cleave’s fantastic novel, Gold is trying out for the British Olympic Cycling team and will do anything to win amidst much personal turmoil. Given what we know about dear Lance now, we think he can relate and perhaps his story is more fiction than fact.
Who did we forget? Do you have an imaginary literary couples you would like to see get together? Let us know in the comments!