Categorized | Featured, Random Goodies

17 Best Book Nooks for Grown-Ups

It goes without say that a love of reading is something we all share; but our desire to find the perfect spot to crack open a new book is often not discussed. We thought we’d celebrate some of our favourite nooks, crannies and cozy spots to settle in, relax and retreat.

What’s your favourite spot to read? Let us know in the comments.

Surrounded By Books. Via.
Surrounded By Books.
A Roof Top Terrance in Paris.
A Roof Top Terrance in Paris.
A Fresh Breeze and a Blue View.
A Fresh Breeze and a Blue View.
Light as a Feather on a Trampoline. Via.
Light as a Feather on a Trampoline.
DIY Closet Book Nook. Via.
DIY Closet Book Nook.
This Will Be Your Favourite Spot. Via.
This Will Be Your Favourite Spot.
Free in the Wild. Via.
Free in the Wild.
The Sound of Swaying Grass. Via.
The Sound of Swaying Grass.
Best Place to Read? By the Sea!
Best Place to Read? By the Sea!
A Great Use of Stairway Space.
A Great Use of Stairway Space.
How Enchanting!
How Enchanting!
Surrounded by Windows. Via.
Surrounded by Windows.
Perfect for the Outdoors. Via.
Perfect for the Outdoors.
Rustic and Relaxing.
Rustic and Relaxing.
Space for Everyone, and a Fireplace! Via.
Space for Everyone, and a Fireplace!
Suspended over Gurgling Water.
Suspended over Gurgling Water.
Porch Swing Creaking.
Porch Swing Creaking.
NextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnailNextGen ScrollGallery thumbnail

About Kat

Katerina Ortakova is a book lover, beginner home renovator, karaoke aficionado and animal nut. She enjoys nothing more than a good book, a comfy chair, and her pets at her feet. Having read the entire children’s and young adult section of her local library, Katerina set her sights on a career filled with books at an early age. As Assistant Manager of Online Marketing, she is thrilled to work with amazing authors and books every day. Follow Katerina on Twitter at @kortakova or @RandomHouseCA

28 Responses to “17 Best Book Nooks for Grown-Ups”

1. Tracy says:

I’m torn between the trampoline tee pee and the DIY Closet Nook but any of them would do.

• Kat says:

Yes, I would take any of them! :) I think my favourites are the ones by the water like the blue view and the one by the lake. There’s just something about reading near a body of water that I love!

2. Tamye Machina says:

I love all of these, especially Porch Swing Creaking and Suspended Over Gurgling Water. No nook for me at home, but soon I’ll be albe to trelax by the water at our favourite lodge in Muskoka.

3. Ellen says:

The Sound of Swaying Grass looks perfect to me! Although any of them would be wonderful!

4. Cariola says:

I’ve always been partial to nooks set into bay windows. I love the ones that look out onto the sea or forest.

5. Kim Cabanting says:

Any and all of them. Is there such a thing as a bad place to read? These are all amazing and just looking at the pictures makes me feel happy and relaxed.

6. Barbara Savary says:

A roof top terrace in France

7. Nancy says:

Seventy-five years ago, when I first learned how to read (am pushing eighty now!), I always went to the old woven hammock with the long and stringy hanging sides, at my Grandmother’s cottage. I snuggled into my ‘spot’, pulled the sides of the hammock up over myself, and read happily through windy weather, cold weather and even in the rain. A hammock under the trees is still my favourite place to read. Heavenly!

• Kat says:

Your hammock spot sounds lovely! I love reading outdoors, there’s something to be said about both reading and eating outside…somehow it’s just better.

8. Darlene says:

Those outdoor chairs look pretty comfy to me! I also like the porch swing.

9. Robin says:

This will be your favorite spot is mine, surrounded by treasured books and with a window to dream by. Pillows are key, as my code word for nap is “reading”. ;-)

10. Linda H says:

At home my favourite spot is my bed. A sign of how good the book is, is how long it takes for me to fall asleep. No matter how tired I am, I make it a point to read first.
    Another favourite spot is in a Muskoka chair at our rustic cabin by the lake with the loons calling and swimming nearby.

11. Felicity C says:

Could I mention a special book shop nook too? Furby House Books in Port Hope, Ontario is a delightful nook in a lovely old town where bibliophiles can contentedly indulge their passion.

12. Eleanor Sheets says:

This is to Tamye Machina:

I live in Muskoka and love it up here. I find a lot of nice places to sit and watch the water, ducks, swans, visitors and to have my own little picnic in the shade. Tidbit: The dock in Huntsville is beautiful to sit on the rocks but the town has added benches if you can find a spot. Get there early. I love to read and especially on rainy days at home with my cat curled up on my lap.

13. Maresa says:

I would love to know where I can get this thing and who makes them!

14. Lars says:

Anyone knows where to buy this “suspended over gurgling water” thing

I just loved it!

Lars from Norway!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. [...] snuggling up in a cozy spot with a good book? Here are our pick for best book [...]

2. [...] reading (or napping) experience. With a beautiful view and the sun streaming in, we showed you our favourite spots for adults a few weeks [...]

3. LitBits 28 says:

[...] Katerina Ortakova over at Random House collected a bunch of lovely book nook photos (click on the image and it will take you to the next). Ah, readerly bliss! Which is your [...]