Our Young Adult Random Reader Challenge has come to an end and we’ve gladly hidden our bad school photos once again. Now it’s time to reveal what we have in store for you next:
Our third installment of Random Reader Challenge celebrates the novelist John Irving. With an outstanding thirteen award-winning novels under his belt, this challenge is to encourage you to be reacquainted or introduced to his collection of work. The challenge will run from:
May 1 – June 30
Here’s how to get started:
1. Grab the challenge button to display on your blog.
2. Post a comment below with your blog link so we know you’re participating.
NOTE: Don’t have a blog but still want to play? Use your social media URL such as Facebook, Twitter, or Goodreads, and post your review there instead!
3. Buy, borrow, download (but don’t steal!) and read any John Irving book (yes, audiobooks count too!):
John Irving has written a number of classics over the years, check them all out here.
For those of you who want to read his newest work, In One Person hits stores on May 8th. To further entice you, check out the this video of John Irving introducing Billy Abbott, the bisexual narrator of In One Person.
4. Once you’ve completed your challenge, post a link to your review in the comments below.
About the Prize:
If you complete the John Irving Challenge, you’ll be entered for a chance to win a signed copy of In One Person and the book of your choice from the next Random Reader Challenge.
This contest is now closed. Congratulations to our winner Jaclyn from Ontario!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I have already read and reviewed one of these books on my blog…can that count as my entry?
A: No, nice try. You must read and review one of the books during the challenge dates, May 1 to June 30th.
Q: I live outside of Canada. Can I participate?
A: Yes! Of course, we welcome readers from around the world. However, for legal reasons, only Canadian residents excluding Quebec are eligible to win the prize.
Q: I don’t like this genre. Can I substitute another book instead?
A: Sorry, rules are rules. Part of this challenge series is to encourage you to break out of your comfort reading zone and try something new.
Q: What’s the next challenge going to be?
A: Sorry, that’s classified information.
Random Reader Challenge: John Irving runs from Tuesday, May 1 to Saturday, June 30 at 11:59pm EST. Open to Canadian residents, excluding Quebec. Winners will be chosen at random from the eligible entries.
Full contest rules:
1. All entries must be entered on-line, at www.booklounge.ca, by registering their participation. The entrant must participate in the challenge by reviewing a book of their choice from the list provided. The review may be posted on the entrant’s blog, website, or social media account such as Facebook, Twitter, GoodReads, LibraryThing, etc. The entrant must post a direct link to their review in the comments section of the original challenge post.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The Random Reader Challenge: John Irving begins on Tuesday, May 1, and closes on Saturday, June 30 at 11:59pm EST. Random House of Canada Limited is not responsible for on-line entries that are lost or misdirected. The winner will be randomly selected no later than July 3, 2012 and will be notified by email. If we do not receive a response to our email within 7 days, a new winner will be chosen.
4. Entrants may enter only once for each challenge. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of on-line entries received.
5. The prize consists of a signed copy of In One Person (Retail value $34.95) plus one book selected from the next challenge book list (Retail value up to $19.99).
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable. Approximate retail value is $55.00.
7. Challenge is open to all Canadian residents over the age of 18 years, except the residents of the province of Québec, employees of Random House of Canada Limited, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, or members of their immediate families.
8. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Random House of Canada Limited will not be responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest.
9. The winners will be posted on the Booklounge.ca Web site at the end of the contest period. Entering the contest constitutes consent to the use of the winner’s statement for publicity and promotional purposes on behalf of Randomhouse.ca and with no additional compensation or further permission (except where prohibited by law). Other entry names will NOT be used for subsequent mail solicitation.
Copyright © 2012 Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved.